Thursday, July 29, 2010

Brodie




Steadfast in affection and allegiance--faithful friend, best friend.


My Brodie-dog.

He's been with me with me through thick and thin these past two years. He's been there since the beginning of the end of our world as we knew it.

At the first sound of tears, he'd forsake whatever he was doing and come to me. On many nights he'd take up the empty spot on the other side of the bed--even though he prefers his own doggie bed. He'd keep me company as I spent many afternoons hiking in the desert hills. He moved with me from those desert hills, across the country to Omaha.

And he's here with me now--as we make a new life.

I couldn't ask for a better friend. : )

7 comments:

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

Oh Mishel, I'm so relieved that this post was about Brodie being a good "frient" . . . when I first saw the title, I thought maybe something happened to him *too*.

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

I'm sure I meant to write "friend" :).

Caroline said...

What a sweet, sweet dog. I have a border collie mix named Sophie and she is 12 and I have had her since I found her wandering the street at 3 months. She really is my best friend.

Kim said...

I just don't know what we'd do w/o our little poodles...they seem to know when you really need them... You obviously have a dear and true friend there..

Samantha R. said...

He's such a beautiful dog! I love his coloring and of course, his faithfulness! Nothing like a good dog by your side

Danielle said...

He's precious, and I'm glad you have such a faithful friend! :) I see our dog the very same way -- couldn't ask for a better friend. God bless!

Heather said...

Awww...that is just precious. What a sweet loving dog. I'm so glad you have him.