Monday, August 30, 2010

All things...

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. (Romans 8:28)

This past weekend I flew to Alabama to see my mom (thanks to a son who works for an airline)...

And here we are: this is a very typical picture of us--me being silly and my mom not wanting her picture taken. : )

She's still protesting here--and I am trying to get her to smile. : )


We are quite the pair--pulling close, pushing away, just to pull close again--the way mothers and daughters do.

But these days? We are pulling close. Very close. Clinging, in fact.
My precious 'little Mama' as I call her (cuz she's itty-bitty) is fighting for her life. We found out this past week that she has a brain tumor. The ball is now rolling to find out exactly (although the doctors have a strong indication) what we are dealing with--which means a whole battery of tests.


If you think about it, could you please pray for her? We have a lot of major decisions to make over the next few weeks and we are pleading for wisdom to make the right choices. Thank you.

And I'll be honest with you, when I heard the news, my first thought was..."what else?" It's been a pretty rough couple of years around here. But as I drove to work that morning after finding out about my mom, I truly felt the Lord take my anxious thoughts and replace them with His peace...that passes all understanding. I really don't know how He does it, but He does it. Over and over again.

(And good thing, because I am constantly trying to figure it all out on my own.)

So today I am flying back to Omaha and will await the results of the tests my mom is having this week--and then we'll make some decisions--and I will keep you posted.

Thank you so much for your prayers...


Hugs and love! : )

18 comments:

Nancy M. said...

What precious and sweet pictures of you and your mom. I will be praying for her and the decisions.
lv-nancy

Monique said...

Praying for you all! Love you bunches, and miss you even more!!

Samantha R. said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom and her brain tumor; that must be so incredibly scary to go through. I'm so glad that you got to go spend time with her though and that you got her to smile a bit for us :)
Praying for wisdom in making decisions and praying for healing!

Ashleigh (Heart and Home) said...

Um. I'm sobbing. Thank you for that. :-P

Love the pictures, truly. And both of you. And wish I'd been there.

Danielle said...

Praying for you and your sweet family.

Kim said...

Praying for you and for your dear mom!!! Love the pictures, Mishel-you are gorgeous!!! So glad you could be there for your mom....

Mrs. C said...

Praying that the Lord will supply the strength that you and the family need right now.

Jane said...

I'm an expert on brain tumors, you know? I'll be sending up plenty of prayers. So happy you were able to cling to your mom.

Robin said...

We are praying for all of you. Thanks for sharing with us.
Love the pictures!

learningtofollow said...

Praying..

Chantel said...

Praying for your mama, and you...and for extra strength and grace, no matter what.

Kristi said...

I will most certainly keep your little mama in my prayers. And you too!!!! I know it's tough to try and make decisions so far away from her. God will get you through this!

~Kristi

The Lord has done great things... said...

I love you Aunt Mishel. I am praying for Grammy and that God will help makes the answers to all the questions clear.
Love,
Misty

Gretchen said...

I was crying over this post on Monday, just forgot to ever comment and tell you so.

Praying for all of you... HUGS

Tracey said...

I am praying for that peace to stay with you, settled on your heart for the coming weeks and months. And praying God will prepare you for what He has prepared for your little Mama.

Nicole said...

Lifting all of you up in prayer today. Hugs and love to you and Ash and Gramie.

Madeleine said...

Oh I have been praying for her and for you since I read this when you posted. And I THOUGHT I put that in here. :P

It is ALWAYS such a joy to see your face. I can't stand it, in a good way, how beautifully hopeful in HIM you are! And it always comes out in your smile, your eyes, you words.

I pray you feel HIS presence in everything.

Tiffany said...

What great pictures!! I love your hair!