Wednesday, August 4, 2010

And so it was...

Sunday was my 44th birthday. I cannot believe I am 44! Sounds soooo old!

Celebrations are a bit different these days--not that different is bad--just different. My kiddos are in Colorado and I am in Omaha. Not too far--but far enough that we can't spend just a day together.

So on my birthday I did talk to my kids (fun, long talks) and to family and friends. Then Todd made me a yummy dinner and later, he and his boys brought an ice cream cake and sang happy birthday to me.




Later...Todd gave me my birthday present...



And can I tell you? I love my Nook. LOVE it!! I wasn't sure how I'd feel about an electronic book because I love real books. I love the smell of them, I love the feel of the pages....if you are a book lover, you know what I am talking about, don't you?

But you know....there is one thing about books and that is, it's best when you actually read them! And so far, my Nook is helping to read more. And that makes me happy. : )

And so it was...

Another year gone by. It was a different kind of celebration, but it was a special celebration.

I am blessed. Indeed.

12 comments:

Kaira said...

Happy Birthday to you! This year is full of hope and promise - I can feel it. :)

Becky K. said...

Happy Birthday, Mishel.
I am 42...I know that because during my recent hospital stay I heard it about a million times...."This is a 42 year old female with..."
LOL
Other than that age really doesn't matter that much in my life.

I am tempted by these readers lately.
Just tempted.
Becky K.

Madeleine said...

Happy Birthday Dear Woman!!!!

Let me tell you, 44 is NOT old by any stretch of the imagination. Just ask this I'm-going-to-be-43-in 2-weeks gal.

Can you believe it??? This year, I asked all my family members that if they were going to spend money this year to get me a gift, to pitch it all together and get me the Kindle. I am dying to get one. Okay, okay, not dying, but man would I want one.

We will see if that happens. lol.

I am THRILLED you got one!! You need to give us updates on the books you read on it. My niece got one and she loves it to the 100th degrees.

Yes, life is different, and though it is good and God is good, I still pray for your broken/healing heart.

Samantha R. said...

Happy Happy Birthday!! 44 isn't so old; my Mom is older than that =P But then again, I'm a bit older than your kids too.BTW, your birthday is the day after mine!

The ice cream cake looks so delicious! and what a neat gift you got from Todd. I've always wondered how it was like to use a Nook or a Kindle. I'm a real-live book person too and I can understand what you mean! There's nothing like the feel of it in your hands.

Cathy R said...

Can't believe I missed giving you a Happy Birthday wish ON TIME! I'm glad to hear it was a good, though different day! Different can be GOOD too!

Blessings to you, my friend.

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday!!! I'm glad it was a special day! What are you reading on your nook?? :)

Kim said...

I love my NOOK too...my husband, oldest daughter and oldest son all went in together on it for my birthday in June.

HAPPY birthday!!

joan said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope this next year is so good for you and your family!! What a great gift!! I was wondering about the electronic readers. I love to read and just have started to get back into it again. You are blessed!!

Sammy said...

Oh Mishel, haven't you heard??
45 is the new 25, so really you're just 24! Live it up! :-)

Hope you had a wonderful day.

...::Heather @ Mrs. Southern Bride::... said...

Hope you had a lovely birthday! I love the smell of books, especially old books.

Tiffany said...

My sissy got one and I loved hers before she took it. :)

Steve n Vickie said...

Zach didn"t e ven tell us it was your Bday. Happy Birthday!!!

I've been thinking nooks would be a neat thing to try, but you're right there's just something about books with pages.