Monday, August 23, 2010

I read the most heart-wrenching, yet encouraging post today, written by the most amazing woman.

Alece has walked a very similar path as I have and when I read her post, it resonated with me as nothing else has. In fact, while it's not a long post, it took me almost two hours to actually be able to read the entire thing. It hit such a tender spot in my heart that I could only read a few words at time and then I would have to get up, do something else and read more later.

There are many stories of marriages that have been healed and restored after infidelity. And I praise God for those marriages and the healing that has taken place. To be able to move forward and choose to trust again, is truly a miracle.

But...there are also those of us whose stories don't have the happy ending. The other person chose to walk away. From God, from their vows....and in some cases, as in mine...even from their children.

And it's a very broken and lonely place to be because when you are in it, there is no rejoicing and the future is very uncertain. But you can be whole again. You can. If this is you, I encourage you to go and read Alece's post.

You are loved.

Truly.

5 comments:

*Marie* said...

Hey there, it's wonderful to see God moving in and around you! I sure do miss seeing you. I'm sure you've heard the song, but it made me think of you, "Life aint always beautiful," by Gary Allen. Maybe I'm out of place, but I just wanted to let you know I still think of you. I will still be praying for you.
Vanessa

Alece said...

this felt like a hug to my heart today. and i sure needed it. thank you, mishel.

Jane said...

This is exactly what I needed to read today. I suppose I'm afraid to 'walk through hell' so I hold onto something that just can't be. Thank you for sharing this. It hit me hard.

Kim said...

You are a positively amazing person and I know it's because the Spirit of God is working through you in this. Humanly speaking, and I must emphasize humanly speaking, if that were me I'd want to land some punches and pull hair out. Only God can give the grace He has given to get you where you are today..

Jenni said...

thanks for the shout-out for affair week.

i must agree. my sweet friend, alece is QUITE amazing.