Thursday, September 9, 2010

Hope

The LORD is a stronghold for the oppressed,
a stronghold in times of trouble.
And those who know your name put their trust in you,
for you, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek you. Psalm 9:9-10


So...we got the results of my mom's MRI. They say it confirms the original CT scan results and that the lesions on her brain are indeed cancer. She has an appointment with an oncologist tomorrow. (Thank you, to my dear friend Mitzi, for going with mom.)

My mom is being so strong. Me? Not so much. I had a good, long cry last night (now my eyes are swollen and puffy, which will be so nice when I greet the patients today!).

I am just so tired. It's been a long, difficult two years and I am tired. I cried out to the Lord last night and told Him I just couldn't take another thing. Really.

And you know what? He hears me (and He hears you). Psalm 9 was my devotional reading this morning...His words of promise, hope and love...to me (and to you). Thank You, Lord.

Thank you for continuing to pray for my mom... Hugs and love to you!! : )

12 comments:

Nancy M. said...

My heart is with you....God does see your tears...Your mom is strong and so is her daughter....
I will continue to pray for this fine lady.
lv-nancy

Madeleine said...

Oh Mishel. Bless you. Bless your heart. May HE bless your faith.

I can't even imagine the burden of your heart. We will continue to pray for the both of you.

I am so sorry for the difficult news.

~~Deby said...

Mishel...(((hugs))) and prayers for you...it is God who numbers our days...and you just cry when you need to....I know this path..it is not easy...my mom had brain cancer...stay in the WORD..even if it is just one verse you CLING too.....cling..I will pray and also pray for a miracle as they do happen.
Love you
Deby

Emily said...

Praying for you!

joan said...

You are in my prayers....Thank you for sharing this.

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

I'm so sorry Mishel . . . and I will continue to pray ♥.

Kim said...

You have such a strong and courageous heart...God be with you....joining in prayer....

Tiffany said...

My heart is broken Aunt Mishel!!! I am here if you need me for ANYTHING!! I love you so much and I am praying!! Love you so much!

Samantha R. said...

*hugs* for you and your dear precious mom. I'd be beside myself if it was my mom!
Praying for wisdom concerning decisions that have to be made and for healing. God hears our prayers, He hears our cries. He knows. He will be with us always!

Jane said...

I'm so sorry Mishel! I will be praying for your mom as well as for you.

Kristi said...

Mishel, you encourage me through your discouraging times. You certainly do leave a well in the valley for those who come behind you. It is a true testament of your relationship with Jesus Christ. I love you! I'm praying for you and your sweet mama.

~Kristi

Elaine said...

I am praying Mishel and so sorry
you are going through more trials.
I love the verse you started with,
that verse has helped me so much
with so many trials...thank you
for reminding me today. You always
help others even though you are
going through so much yourself.
I see Jesus in you!